NEW ERA PRESENTS:
BRUCE LEE COLLECTION
Hong Kong actor and martial artist German Cheung showcases
the tribute collection in a global campaign for New Era.
New Era — the international lifestyle brand with an authentic sports heritage that dates back to 1920 — presents an exciting release for August 2018: the BRUCE LEE seven-piece headwear and six-piece apparel collection, all featured in a new global campaign with Hong Kong actor and martial artist German Cheung.
NEW ERA BRUCE LEE COLLECTION CAMPAIGN
New Era honors the legendary Bruce Lee — whose untimely passing marked its 45th anniversary this year — with a special tribute collection, featured in a global campaign shot with Hong Kong actor and martial artist German Cheung. Trained in Wushu since he was a child, the 32-year-old Cheung also practices Muay Thai, Taekwondo and Wing Chun, and has been a cinematic action actor and stuntman since his teenage years. Inspired by Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do system of martial arts, that focuses on “the art of expressing the human body” and takes a hybrid approach of fusing different disciplines, New Era’s new campaign is aptly titled, “Style of No Style.” The collection is also available at New Era's Online Shop.
NEW ERA BRUCE LEE COLLECTION: HEADWEAR
Renowned for his action-packed movies, mastery of martial arts, profound philosophies and poetic expressions, many facets of the iconic Bruce Lee is celebrated in the New Era collection. The headwear range features six caps and one bucket style, each designed with unique details:
- 59FIFTY (in black): Bruce Lee’s famous flying-kick logo silhouette is embroidered on the front panel, with his signature at the back;
- 9FIFTY (in black): Inspired by Lee’s philosophies and play with words, a letter puzzle that fuses “NEW ERA” in white and “BRUCE LEE” in yellow, above his “Be Water, My Friend” quote, is embroidered on the front panel; with his famous flying-kick logo silhouette at the back;
- 9FORTY (in black or white): Lee’s iconic flying-kick logo silhouette is embroidered on the front panel, with the Chinese seal of his real name, Lee Jun Fan, embroidered at the back;
- 9TWENTY (in black or blue): A woven patch fusing Lee’s headshot and his signature is embroidered on the front panel;
- The BUCKET: A reversible design, the Jeet Kune Do emblem and its “Using no way as way / Having no limitation as limitation” philosophies are embroidered in Chinese on one side, with his flying-kick logo silhouette on the other side.
NEW ERA BRUCE LEE COLLECTION: APPAREL
A six-piece apparel range rounds out the New Era Bruce Lee collection. In tune with the current pop-cultural trend of statement, logo and photo-montage designs on T-shirts, the line comes in black, white and gray options. From Lee’s famous “Be Water, My Friend” quote to film stills from “Way of the Dragon” (1972) and his iconic flying-kick logo silhouette, fans will truly love the entire collection.